“Funky” Ben Askren made an impression on the individuals of Singapore throughout his days because the ONE Welterweight Champion. Askren was part of the historic commerce that despatched former UFC Flyweight Champion Demetrious Johnson to ONE and Funky to the UFC.
He returns to the nation for the primary time as a member of the UFC’s roster on Saturday at UFC Combat Night time 162.
Askren faces Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu ace Demian Maia in an fascinating fundamental occasion. Right here’s how one can watch. You’ll must get up fairly early within the United States to catch this one dwell.
- Date: Saturday, October 26
- Time: 5:30 am ET, eight:30 am ET
- TV: None
- Reside Stream: ESPN+
In case you’re not a fan of grappling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and good floor work, you’re most likely not excited in regards to the Askren-Maia fundamental occasion. Except for any bias towards grappling-heavy matchups, this struggle is fascinating.
Askren was knocked out in 5 seconds by Jorge Masvidal in his final struggle. If there may be anybody within the recreation in want of a powerful efficiency, it’s Askren. The matchup is so intriguing as a result of Maia is perhaps the one man within the welterweight division that Askren doesn’t dwarf on the mat.
Maia isn’t a wrestler, however he is perhaps the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner to have ever competed in combined martial arts. Can Askren out-wrestle Maia or will he fall for the second time in a row?
The Card And Odds
- 170 lbs.: Demian Maia +140 vs. Ben Askren -160
- 155 lbs.: Michael Johnson -240 vs. Stevie Ray +205
- 155 lbs.: Frank Camacho +155 vs. Beneil Dariush -180
- 265 lbs.: Ciryl Gane -262 vs. Don’Story Mayes +222
- 170 lbs.: Muslim Salikhov -163 vs. Laureano Staropoli +143
- 115 lbs.: Randa Markos -116 vs. Ashley Yoder -104
- 155 lbs.: Rafael Fiziev -175 vs. Alex White +150
- 145 lbs.: Enrique Barzola +165 vs. Movsar Evloev -190
- 265 lbs.: Sergei Pavlovich -225 vs. Maurice Greene +190
- 125 lbs.: Alexandra Albu -135 vs. Loma Lookboonmee +115
- 265 lbs.: Jeff Hughes -250 vs. Raphael Pessoa +210
There are a variety of heavyweights set to battle on this card. The truth is, the largest favourite is French heavyweight Ciryl Gane. He’ll face Dana White Tuesday Night time Contender Sequence alum Don’Story Mayes.
Gane has completed all 4 of his skilled fights. He seems to be like a possible title contender at heavyweight, and this struggle will inform us if he’s able to tackle harder competitors. Jeff Hughes, Sergei Pavlovich and Michael Johnson are the opposite bigger favorites.
Be looking out for the outcomes and bonus winners breakdown on Saturday morning.